Friday, May 4, 2012

Day Two and Three.

Today, I have the day off, which is quite refreshing! So, I want to update you guys on day two and three.

On my second day on the job, I thought the other intern would already be there for me to shadow her, but she wasn't. So, I did my first pre-game duty. It's not that difficult as I stated in my previous post. Edit the script, schedule, and staple 200 packets together. The other intern did eventually show up for the game and post-game wrap. She was hesitant about writing the wrap, so I helped her and gave her some pointers for her writing. In the end, it looked pretty good. It was a good feeling to help someone out using my own knowledge on the subject. It helped break away some barriers that I put up going into my job next year at the newspaper. I have learned things, and I am willing to help others out with that knowledge I have acquired. I can actually edit, and edit well for next year. This is something that I keep worrying about. Will I actually be able to handle it and become a good, considerate leader? I hope that I am making strides toward that.

As for game three, I was on my own the whole entire time! It went well, and I feel like I have learned a lot so far. I started on my wrap earlier, and then had it finished in good timing after the game. I'm at it again tomorrow! I'll blog again next week, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment