Sunday, November 11, 2012

I have a blog?

As I'm sitting here doing homework, I randomly remembered about this virtual notepad some call a blog. I remembered how I wanted to write throughout the summer about my job as well as my life. However, this didn't happen. So, why do I think about it now? I don't know. Maybe it's because I want to take a break from homework. Or maybe I do have something to say. I'd say it's 60/40, and up to your discretion to decide which is which.

The year so far has been an adventure, to say the least. I've seen a fare share of conflicts between my friends as well as the promising growth of said friends. I am also learning more and more about how a newspaper is made. But most importantly, I am figuring out that I don't have it all together, and am comforted by God every single day.

A little over a month ago, my Grandpa passed away after a battle with cancer. He had cancer for over a year, but the last couple of weeks took him fast. I had many hard phone conversations with my mom leading up to that final call. It happened. I had to be home the next day for the funeral the following morning. This meant my parents figuring out plane tickets, and me figuring out projects and homework in about 5 hours. When I was home, it was tough, but good to see family. When it was over, it felt like a blur. Did that really happen? Did I just lose my second Grandpa in less than a year?

Through all of this, it has taken me a while to work through it, and I think I am still doing it each day. And this is only possible through the power of God.

Through all of these things, I am realizing that no matter what I do in my life, I need to love God and then love people. I need to still love God even though of loss in my life. I need to love people even if it might be tough. I can focus on my classes and my job, and do great in both, but if I don't learn how people work and have faith in God, it won't matter.

So, I don't really have a theme for this blog post. I guess you can perceive it in any way you wish. Just know that through the busyness of life, life can get lost. You can totally forget about people around you and their feelings if you are focused on your self. Even if horrible things happen to you, that doesn't mean that it's all about you. Through it, you can learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment